We share with you 7 of the best vintage summer dresses for 2017 from our online vintage shop Super Queenie Retro. These are just the cream of the crop for holidays, family weekends and those ‘I’m just going to wear vintage days.’
How to pick a dress for summer? Easy. Make sure you get the right fabric for a start. Cotton has to be at the top of the list for comfy and breathable fabrics if your anywhere hot. If you can’t find what your looking for in a natural fibres then pick something lightweight and with some room for air. Like a loose viscose or sheer polyester.
Don’t think that just because it’s hot the dresses have to be minimal. A longer / looser fitting dress will keep you cooler. Like wise coving up top can save sun burns.
We love loose fitting jumpsuits, strong colours, big textures and colours as well as knowing when to keep it simple to show off a summer tan and let the accessories or footwear do the talking.
1. 1970s two tone sun dress. In blue and gingham. Size 8 £34.00. Shop this dress.
2. 90s fruits dress – what better way than to say summer with some retro tropical fruits. £26.00 size 8 length. Shop this dress.
3. 90s blue strappy sundress – classic shape in a bold nineties print. £18.00 Shop this dress.
4. 80s cotton soft pink striped sun dress. £25 size 12/14. Shop this dress.
5. 80s blue strap / draped dress. Love this print and soft draped texture makes this an enviable vintage party dress. £34.00 size 10. Shop this dress.
6. Pink floral cotton romper – ok so not a summer dress, but still on our vintage hot list. Original 90s cotton floral. Yes please. £35.00 size 10. Shop this romper.
7. 70s Salmon and Red Pleate Dress. Lightweight and super chic. We love this silloute! Tres chic. £30 size 8 – 10. Shop this dress
If your looking for anything specific get in touch, as we can help! With over hundreds of hundreds of vintage dresses in our collection we will have the right vintage frock for you.